The English Language Institute’s online courses have been designed for individuals who want to study English to advance their careers both locally and globally.
Our 14 or 12-week, accelerated, online courses range from level 1 (beginning) to level 4 (advanced) and offer a strong foundation in all language skills while providing students with lively, collaborative, and challenging language exercises and tasks. Those interested in taking these courses will take a placement test and will be placed in one of our four levels.
Our online courses are offered three times a year: fall, spring, and summer. At the end of each term those individuals who successfully complete their levels will receive a certificate of completion.
Reasons to choose FIU’s ELI online courses:
- Classes structured in a 14 or 12-week format
- Live access to instructors
- Relevant content that addresses the needs of international students
- Coursework that is innovative and challenging
- Interactive videos simulating real-life situations
- Flexible coursework
- Three opportunities for enrollment during the fall, spring, and summer
- Highly qualified faculty
FULL TERM (14 weeks): September 9, 2019 to December 13, 2019
FULL TERM (14 weeks): January 13, 2020 to April 17, 2020
FULL TERM (12 weeks): May 11, 2020 to July 31, 2020
FULL TERM (14 weeks): August 31, 2020 to December 11, 2020
Online Course tuition: $769
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I register and pay for this course?
In order to register and pay, please follow these instructions:
- Create a profile in our system using the following link: https://elipay.fiu.edu/register.php
- Submit the payment of $769 using the following link: https://elipay.fiu.edu/product.php?productid=22&cat=0
- Submit the Registration Form and include the payment information above using the following link: https://elipay.fiu.edu/pages.php?pageid=8
2. How do you know which level is the right one for me?
You will take a placement test before the actual course begins. This test will tell you your level.
3. How do I know what exercises to do?
At the start of the course your instructor will provide instructions to guide you to the exercises you have to do.
4. Can I actually see and talk to an instructor on-line?
Yes, during the course your instructor will be available live at three pre-designated times.
5. What platform do you use for this virtual classroom?
FIU uses Blackboard as its virtual classroom.
6. Can I contact my instructor at any time?
Yes, you may submit questions by e-mail.
7. What will the course cover?
The course will cover the following skills: grammar, reading, and vocabulary.