The LL.M., or Master of Laws, is a program for foreign lawyers who have completed their first law degree outside of the United States. Students at the ELI would have the opportunity to enroll in this program after earning the required TOEFL score and being accepted into the LL.M. program at FIU. The College of Law is located next to the English Language Institute. The duration of this program is one academic year (August-May). The application fee is $30.00.
- Transcripts from foreign law degree
- English proficiency exam requirement: TOEFL – 590 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based), 90 (internet-based) or IELTS – 7.0
- 2 Letters of recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- State of purpose
- Interview by phone if requested
*Check their website for more information and deadlines.