The ELI is located on FIU’s Modesto A. Maidique Campus (MMC). Getting to campus can be difficult, so here are some resources you can use to plan your next visit.
Please see below for our full address:
11200 SW 8th Street
Labor Center 101
Miami, Florida 33199
Directions: On Campus
1. Enter the university on S.W. 112th Avenue and 8th Street
2. Turn Right at the Stop
3. Follow the road, which will curve to the left.
4. As you approach the traffic light you will see the Panther Garage on your right, where you can park and pay $1 per hour. (First floor left hand side.)
5. From the intersection, turn left into Parking Lot 9. You will see the College of Law on the right.
6. Once you enter Parking Lot 9, turn right, and make the first left to find metered parking.
7. From the metered parking area, you will see the MANGO Building (with a Starbucks in the corner) on the left and the College of Law on the right.
8. Walk between both buildings.
9. As you walk past, you will see the Labor Center, which is three stories tall and light colored.
10. The Registration Office is in Room 101, just across from the elevator.
11. The Administrative Office is on the second floor in Room 204.
Parking and Transportation
Please know that there is no free parking available at FIU. All visitors must have a decal or use metered parking.
Metered parking is available throughout the University at a cost of 25 cents per 15 minutes. A current FIU virtual permit does not entitle the driver to park in a metered parking space without paying the appropriate fee, unless otherwise specified on the permit. Pay at the meter or use pay by phone all across campus.