Thank you for visiting the English Language Institute Web site. Your privacy is very important to us. Simply stated, we do not collect personal information about you when you visit the ELI Web site unless you choose to make such information available to us.
When you visit the ELI site, the University’s web server automatically recognizes only the Internet domain and IP address from which you accessed the site. This information does not result in the identification of your personal e-mail address or other personal information.
In addition, information is only gathered regarding the volume and timing of access to the site by collecting information on the date, time and pages you visited while at the site. This is done so that the content of the site can be improved, and your personal information is not identified or shared with other organizations.
If you choose to share personal information with us, such as by subscribing to an e-newsletter, sending a message, or filling out an electronic form with personal information, the information will be saved for a designated period of time in order to comply with the state of Florida’s archiving policies. However, information will not be disclosed to third parties or other government agencies, unless required by state or federal law. Please note that Florida’s public records law requires that all information received in connection with state business be made available to anyone upon request, unless the information is subject to a specific statutory exemption.
Payment, Refund, and Transfer Policy
- The $150 Application Fee and Course Fee must be paid in full on or before the first day of classes.
- Payments are accepted in either: Credit or Check Card, Cashier’s Check / Money Order, or Bank Wire Transfer (No Cash or Personal Checks are accepted.
- The $150 Application Fee in nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- The $150 Application fee is nonrefundable.
- In order to request a refund of your payment for a course, you must:
- submit a request in writing to officially cancel your course, and
- ELI must receive your written request for refund of the course fee on or before the fifth day after the program begins.
- If the request for refund is approved by ELI, the refund will be for 80% of the course fee.
- No refund will be made for a course that is cancelled after the fifth day the program begins.
- The $150 Application fee is nontransferable.
- You may only request a transfer of the course fee to cover a course fee at ELI for the following semester and not beyond. In order to request a transfer of the course fee you must:
- submit a request in writing,
- ELI must receive your written request for transfer of the course fee on or before the end of the second week of classes in the five week program or on or before the end of the third week of classes in the ten week program, and
- you must provide ELI with a valid reason for requesting a transfer of the course fee.
- Transfers of course fees are made at the discretion of the Director and the Registrar of ELI.
- No transfer request will be approved after the second week of classes in the five week program, or the third week of classes in the ten week program.
- You must submit any cancellations, refund requests, and transfer requests in writing to the ELI Registrar. Failure to submit the cancellation, refund request, or transfer request in a timely manner waives any claims you may have had for a refund or transfer of course fees.
- ELI will not schedule make up classes or refund any of the fees related to classes that are cancelled by ELI due to emergencies or for weather related reasons.