The aim of this program is to provide conversational English instruction while promoting international and intercultural understanding through class activities and discussions in a friendly and relaxed setting.
This program is perfect for individuals who want to combine a visit to Miami with English study that is recreational or avocational. It is also convenient for those who would like to practice, refresh, or perfect their English skills, but do not have time for a semester-long program at a university.
Due to its length and scope, this program does not require an I-20 for an F1 student visa, making it accessible to visitors, business people, or prospective students.
Testing date: July 30, 2021
First day of class: August 2, 2021
80% refund date: August 3, 2021
Last day of class: August 27, 2021
Length: 4 weeks
Language & Culture
Length: 4 Weeks
Course Fee: $749
Testing fee: $50 (Non-refundable)
Total hours: 48
The Summer Institute Program curriculum is designed to facilitate students’ progress in the spoken language in a short period of time while learning about American culture.
Some of the program classroom activities include the following:
- Practicing conversational English
- Listening and discussing about topics of interest in American & other cultures.
- Learning & practicing essential vocabulary
- Making oral presentations
Levels of instruction
The Summer Institute Program offers 4 levels of instruction: elementary*, low intermediate, high intermediate, and advanced. All students will be tested and placed according to their level prior to the start of classes. For more information on the outcomes per level of instruction, click here.
Prospective students whose English skills are advanced may choose the TOEFL® preparation course, which offers classes in all the skills covered in the test.
*Students must have a basic knowledge of English. This program does not offer classes for true beginners.
- This program is open to citizens and U.S. permanent residents, B1/B2 tourists and other visitors who are allowed to study.
- This program is not available to F1 international students. Those individuals interested in studying English for academic purposes in a longer program should apply for the Intensive English Program in order to obtain an I-20 form and apply for an F1 student visa at an American consulate.
- Dates, tuition, and fees subject to change without notice.
- Nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- Company and group rates available.
- Please be advised that six students must be registered to open a class/level.
Copyright © 2020 by Educational Testing Service. All rights reserved.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE, ETS, the ETS logo, TOEFL, and the TOEFL logo, are registered trademarks of Educational Testing Service.