When students attend the ELI, they will join a student body that includes undergraduates, graduates, and working professionals from over 48 different countries. Students who attend the ELI usually fall into one of the following categories:
- International Students who come to our Institute to study English and then return home to resume their academic or professional careers;
- International Students who want to learn or improve their English before applying to Florida International University;
- Working professionals who need to improve their English to upgrade their positions;
- Professionals who need to improve their English skills to obtain their licenses to practice in the U.S.;
- Students who want to learn English or improve their English skills for social reasons
- Students are not required to pay their tuition in full before coming to the ELI. Their full payment is expected when they register in person when they arrive.
- All fees must be paid by cashier’s check, money order, Visa, American Express, MasterCard or Discover. No cash nor personal checks are accepted in the ELI Office. All payments must be payable to Florida International University.
- Under no circumstances should a student come to the University without having received the official Letter of Admission and the I-20 Form.
- I-20s will only be processed once all supporting documents have been received.
- If you register online and submit a payment, the copy of the receipt you printed must be sent in with your supporting documents, or you must inform the ELI that a payment has been made by including the following in your correspondence:
- Payment Date
- Card Holder Name
- Last Four Digits of the Credit/Debit Card Number
- Once all documents and payments are submitted it will take one to two weeks for the I-20 and acceptance letter to be issued.